Sometimes I feel like I have ADD . . .Have you ever felt like you have ADD (Attention Deficit Disorder)? When I did my Heritage Profile through Buffini and company, one of the comments I got from the person that reviewed my profile is "You're not a starter, but once a project is started, you grab on and finish it." So lately I've been having trouble getting projects off the ground and completed. I have so many things that I want to do that it's hard to pick one to start with. Here's a brief example of some of the things I want to do:
- I want to start producing video tours for my listings. I have the video camera, but I need to research creating flash video and posting that to my site.
- I want to start a monthly podcast on my real estate site, with evenutally doing a weekly podcast. So I'm researching hardware now to set up my "studio" and reading about where and how to post it.
- I want to have a client login section on my real estate site so my clients can logon at any time and view all their paperwork, and see a calendar of how their transaction is progressing.
- I need to get some sort of security up on the forms on my real estate site to prevent them from being used by spammers. Likely going to be some sort of a captcha solution.
- I have a great new digital camera for taking photos of client's homes, etc. But I want to go beyond the Auto setting and really learn about photography so I can really do a good job for them.
- On that same thread, I'm researching HDR (High Dynamic Range) imaging. Really need to figure out how to use the camera fist
- I've been researching SEO (Search Engine Optimization) so when I do get all this good stuff on my site, people will actually find it and maybe it can help me generate some business
- On the personal side, I want to get my bicycling up to the 50 - 70 Mile range so I'm not dead on the Dam2Dam in September
- I need to buy my first investment property to begin my quest of getting out of the rat race. Quit analyzing and jump in.
And that's just what I can think of off the top of my head. I've got a TON of ideas floating around, it's just figuring out which ones are the most important and worth focusing time on. All that to do plus trying to keep my lovely wife happy and still providing the top notch service I pride myself on to my clients. Ahhh, if only we had an extra 10 or 12 hours in a day . . .
Speaking of my fancy new camera, I was out and about in downtown Tacoma yesterday and had my camera and tripod with me, so I shot some photos of the Glass Museum, etc. Here's one shot from that adventure. Click on it to see others . . .
Glass Museum, Downtown Tacoma, Washington, USA