With Every Great Achievement There Should Be Reward . . .
OK, I guess I'm in a blogging mood today, but this hit me while I was in the shower. SO, here's what I'm putting out there. PENDING Wifely approval, when I get below 300 pounds, I want to reward myself by purchasing a 2008 Fat Cyclist Jersey. Fatty
in conjunction with Twin Six
just released the new design and I love it. I want one. I doubt he'll be making XXXL versions, so I'll buy an XXL version and hope that by the end of cycling season (maybe the Dam2Dam!?) I can fit into it comfortably. OH, I might buy a T-shirt too . . . and maybe a water bottle . . . Here's the jersey (Sorry Fatty
for stealing your pictures, but I'm trying to get you more sales, I promise . . . please oh please Fatty
, don't sue. Just look at how many times in this one article alone I've linked to your site
. That should be worth something right?)
2008 Fat Cyclist Men's Jersey - Front
2008 Fat Cyclist Men's Jersey - Back
Furthermore . . . Teri, set a goal, I don't care what it is . . . when you hit it, I will buy YOU a 2008 Fat Cyclist Women's Jersey. Please note that a portion of all proceeds from sales of Fat Cyclist
paraphenalia are donated to helping Fatty's wife Susan fight cancer. So it's a good cause, and a just reward for achieving your goals.
2008 Fat Cyclist Women's Jersey - Front
2008 Fat Cyclist Women's Jersey - Back
For those of you that do not read Fatty's blog
and are into cycling, I HIGHLY recommend it. His posts are often humorous and even occasionally contain some cycling information. :-)
Starting February out Right
OK, one workout down, 14 (or more!) to go for the month! I got in the pool this morning. My legs are still pretty sore from doing my "triathlon" on Wednesday. I just did a lazy 1,000 yards this morning. Took about 28 minutes with a LOT of kicking, so I feel good about it. Here's my workout:
- 1 X 200 Swim
- 1 X 200 Kick
- 1 X 200 Pull
- 1 X 200 Swim
- 1 X 100 Kick
- 1 X 100 Individual Medley (IM)
I'm glad I got out of the pool when I did. A girl came in after me that was in the middle of one of the most amazing swim workouts I'd ever seen. I mean even in my heyday in High School I wouldn't have kept up with this girl. I was in the hot tub and watching her. She warmed up with a couple hundred yards of freestyle and then went into SETS OF 200 IM's . . . I saw her do 4 sets of 200 IM's before I got physically ill and felt like Willy and had to leave. (BTW, Willy was the starring character in Free Willy. Also known as Keiko the whale) Unbelievable. I know Megan Quann (Jendrick) is from Puyallup, so I need to look up pictures to make sure I wasn't in the same building as an Olympic gold medalist. She was likely doing her IM's faster than I had done them in races in High School. I've got a long ways to go!
Update - I looked at pics of Megan Quann I dont think it was her, but the breaststroke style of both girls were similar, so I can't be completely positive it wasn't her.
January Goals Review - February GoalsJanuary 2008 Goals Review:
I think I did fairly OK for the month. Still really need to concentrate on my intake and get better at logging stuff in The Daily Plate
February 2008 Goals:
- Eat less fast food in January than I did in December. This will mean less than 6 trips to a fast food restaurant. I haven't looked at Microsoft Money yet, but I know I went more than 6 times. Most of it was stress related or just being lazy. I will continue to work on this.
- Drink less soda in January than I did in December. This will mean drinking soda on less than three occasions in January. Yeah, same here. I know I had more than three days of drinking coke. And I tried "cheating" by using a rock star here and there. But I drink FAR less soda than I used to. I am getting better after having a soda, being soda free for the next few days/weeks
- Perform at least 10 workouts in January. This is to include a minimum of 5 Triathlon specific workouts. I Seriously kicked ass on this goal this month! I was in the gym a total of 16 times and every workout was either swim, bike or run. Including one day where I did all three!
- I will weigh less on February 1st than I did on January 2nd. My stretch goal is to lose 18.0 pounds in January putting me UNDER 300. Didn't hit the stretch, but on January 2nd I believe I weighed 317.0. On February 1st I weighed 308.0. 9 pounds for the month. I did hit a low yesterday of 307.5, but that was after my dual workouts the day before. Again, kick ass on this one!
- I will continue taking my daily vitamins AND Fish Oil supplements to the plethora of pills I'll be popping in the morning.Yep
Again, why fix what's not broken. My goals in February will pretty much mimic my goals in January with some slight modifications:
- Eat less fast food in February than I did in January. This will mean less than 6 (or so) trips to a fast food restaurant.
- Drink less soda in February than I did in January. As I'm not entirely sure how many days I drank soda in January I'll say 5 or less days drinking soda.
- Perform at least 15 workouts in February. This is to include a minimum of 5 workouts where I do at least two triathlon events. (Swim/Bike, Bike/Run, etc.)
- I will weigh less on March 1st than I did on February 1st (308.0). My stretch goal is to lose 8.5 pounds in February putting me UNDER 300.
- I will continue taking my daily vitamins AND Fish Oil supplements.
- Do at least one group workout with some or all of Daboyz training for the Triathlon
That's it . . .