Minus One Extra!
So today we went shopping with my parents. Kohls as I’ve mentioned is one of my favorite places to shop. So we headed to the Southcenter Kohls. I was going to buy some new shorts as all my shorts were too loose around the waist. (Good problem to have right?) While I was there, there were a TON of clothes on sale. Looks like they’re trying to blow out the summer stuff to get ready for the fall. I was looking at shirts. I normally don’t look at shirts at regular stores because I typically need XXXL (yes, that’s THREE f-ing X’s) shirts which requires a trip to a big and tall store to find. But with my new found success in wearing my smaller jeans and buying smaller slacks and trying on smaller shorts that actually fit, I thought I’d be daring and try on a couple of XXL shirts. I picked out a couple of Polo shirts that were on mega super sale and headed to the dressing room. I slipped off my T-shirt and slipped on the polo. You know what? It didn’t look half bad. So I tucked it in. Still not half bad. So I took it off and put my t-shirt back on and went to get Teri for a second opinion. She said “No, looks fine . . . turn around . . . yeah that looks good too”. I don’t think I’ll be washing them in HOT water, but they DO FIT! I’ve lost an X!
As I was walking around the store, I just kept telling myself “John, just remember how you feel RIGHT NOW” It felt so damn good to be able to go in and actually try on a shirt in a regular store and have it fit! AWESOME!
So in celebration of Steve’s revised goals for the year, here are mine:
Completed so far this year:
- So far I’ve lost 32 pounds (since December) and as of this morning weighed in at 298.0
- I’ve completed (and won) the “DaBoyz Fitclub Triathlon” third off the bike, third off the treadmill and first out of the water (thank god for a swimming heavy tri!)
- I’ve completed the 50 mile Tour De Pierce Bicycle ride
- I’ve completed the Ocean Shores Big Weekend Sprint Triathlon. My stretch goal was 1:45 and I beat that by almost a full 11 minutes! Of 58 participants, I was 10th in the swim, 14th in the bike and . . . ahem . . . 47th in the run.
Still to go this year and beyond:
- Be Under 290 by August 24th, 2008 (My 38th b-day)
- Be Under 285 by September 27th, 2008
- Be Under 280 by December 31st, 2008
- Complete the 50 mile Dam2Dam bike ride on September 27th, 2008
- Be able to run 4.5 – 5.0 miles non-stop on the treadmill by December 31st, 2008
- Be Under 270 by July 1st, 2009
- Complete my 1st Century Bicycle ride in 2009
- Complete the Ocean Shores Olympic Distance Triathlon in July 2009
These are obviously fitness goals. I have to sit down and revise my business goals to and hopefully get back on track there as well.